Monday, December 28, 2009

Thankful

I stayed up late last night rapping over the guitar with BK.  Reconnecting with Brian on a creative level was both long overdue, and sooooo much fun.  We've gotten together in the last few months but havent necessarily put our egos aside and gotten weird.  And weird is good.

I think Brian left at a 12:45am and I woke up for work a brief five hours later, after a restless attempt at a good nights sleep.  The funny thing is I dont even feel tired today, if anything, I feel like I have more energy.  I feel like I'm rejuvenated.  I am rejuvenated, which is to say I have that "alive" feeling - love that. I also have a lot to be thankful for, which brings me to the song we worked on.  Without having a copy of the lyrics in front of me I'll try to loosely recreate them, but moreover just try to write a rap that works in the cadence.

Ya know I've got a lot to be thankful for...

In my health
I've got my wealth
A life with love, no need for stuff, cuz I know that love is enough for me
I've got my fun, my friends, my foes, my lows, my people make one big family
I've got my space, I've got a pace, no time to waste, for life's a race
And I've got my freedom to breathe...Yes...
My freedom to breathe...

I'll put the actual lyrics up here later.... The song's a hit though - for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment