Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ashley Ashley

Okay, I wrote this one a couple months ago for this girl Ashley I was hanging out with at the time. I have mixed feelings about posting this one but I like the poem, and that's why I created this blog, so I might as well. Needless to say, Ashley and I dont talk anymore, she must not have liked the poem much. Ha! (Hi Ashley! Just in case you found my blog.) Further, the version I'm posting now is a little different than the original. I made some modifications putting it to music with Charlie - that funky little red headed guitar player I live with. And finally, to explain the theme; Ashley is currently in art school school studying design/marketing. You should be able to figure out the rest. Enjoy! (And maybe, possibly, if you're bored or something, leave a comment since my blog doesnt have any yet!)


Ashely, Ashley
Just who might you be?
A cute girl - yeah
A Fine lady - for me...

Fashionably Savvy
With a Penchant for Design
Out on the town
She's dressed to the nines...

She's Sassy & Swank
Devising all Ways
Chic & Complete
Like a fine Cabernet...

Up in her heels
Full of Ambition
The runway's an instrument
She's the musician
Composing each Verse
Note and every lyric
Of this sweet little ballad
She wrote with her spirit

The song is a hit
A Smashing Success
The crowd Raves with applause
As she gives them her best...

Oh..what a show!
Her Designs were Fantastic
Clean and Contemporary
But timeless and nostalgic

Now it's been just a few weeks
Since I first saw her face
We chatted it up
Like there's no time to waste

So far so good
A budding admiration
Charging ahead
Seeking your approbation

I've worked for your laughs, smiles and glances...
Hoping that maybe you'll tolerate my antics....

1 comment:

  1. Even though you dont talk, you made a great poem about Miss Ashley Ashley... see, it all works out in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete