Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sumfin' to Strum to....

At Charlies instruction, I've been practicing singing while practicing the guitar. Sometimes I'll recite one of my poems or freestyle if I'm not practicing a specific song. I came up with this the other day on the lake, and halfway through decided it was worth writing down. I might do something more with it later. But for now, here it is.




Out on the boat w/ my notes and my instrument
Putting words to these chords in my musical experiment
Now I'm strumming a rift and I'm keeping my time
While reciting a poem - singing my rhyme























Bob Dylan cant sing, it's no big deal
But he too has power in his words, lyrical appeal
To be a powerful songwriter, I too aspire
Because Mr. Bob Dylan, I do admire

Now I'm swaying with the water, it's creating the rhythm
And I'm here in this moment, you know that's a given

Breeze on my back - Sun on my Face
The Rockies my Vista - By water with Grace
Whitefish, Montana - what a treasured place
Like God himself came down and scooped out the Lake
Forming the land, his hand, it's fate
Carving out valleys, Giving mountains their shape



















Swan Ridge in the distance - It is So Imposing
Rising from the Valley like a tectonic Trophy

These Green Fury Hills look like an emerald blanket
B/c Tall proud trees grow from every embankment
If I could do anything, I'd make no changes
With this creation, Mother nature made a Statement!!!!

I love this powerful sun, in this thin Mountain air
If joy was a currency...... I would be a millionaire........

This is the place
The place for me
Whitefish, Montana
Right where I wanna be

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment