Friday, July 10, 2009

Jersi to be

I wrote this a few weeks ago for my friend Jeni Trimbee's unborn baby. You may recognize the last stanza from the poem to my niece, I stole it from there. Oops.


Jersi your name
But many monikers to come
Maybe toe head, blue eyes
Or anything fun

In Mommy’s abdomen
Resting away
From the date of your conception
Till your delivery day

Moving or kicking
Wiggling and shaking
While Mommy is napping
Her you keep waking

Growing so fast
At a miraculous rate
Jenny’s first born
Your predestined fate

Third trimester
Birth yet to come
It wont be much longer
Till your life has begun

My only request
To you & your generation
Be good to this earth
And her entire population

No one knows
Who you will grow to be
But raised right by your mother
Is a guarantee

Whichever path in life
You find yourself on
Be patient and honest
And most importantly strong

1 comment:

  1. You did so good on this.. I cant thank you enough, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete