Sunday, July 12, 2009

Funny

Okay, I wrote this last summer in an attempt to cheer up a friend, who is a girl, and had recently broke up with her b/f. I included the whole email to put it in context. This one makes me laugh though, I think b/c it takes me back to July 2008.


Hey Nichole!

I thought I'd write you a note and let you know that I'm sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend. It's obvious you broke up with him for me (us) but it doesn't make transitions like this any easier. In all seriousness, I really am sorry -- breaking up sucks even if you know it's for the better.

You're number one in my heart!!

Nichole

Perfect by design
from top to toe
smarter than a scientist
with looks that glow

Don't worry about the distance
that separates our hearts
who could care about the miles
when I've loved you from the start

Give me that longing chance
to prove I can be your guy
I'm finally spilling my heart
I cant keep living the lie

Just look at our first first initials
yours an N and mine an M
they're sitting together in the alphabet
and I think they too are more than friends

We could get married in America
atop a mountain or in a stream
humor this kid for a moment
let this poor boy dream

Mason

1 comment: