Friday, July 10, 2009

Ode to Obama

I wrote this a couple months ago. I've tinkered with a little and almost thought of starting over from scratch. I still might which is why I'm posting it now, so I'll have it in this form before I hack it up and recycle it. It can probably be sung, but it definitely starts as a rap (to me).

Let me know what you think.


I cant read the paper
Check the blogs or watch the news
The sky is falling, I mean the market
Here I go off singing the blues

I don’t envy your position
You inherited a mess
You should blow up the system
And move the capital to the West.
Our laid back aptitude
Might suit you more than you’d think
Though you’ll be too busy fixing things
To even sleep a wink.

Like a Rockstar
You are a popular item
These times are turbulent waves
And you have no choice but to ride them!

<>
We Believe in You!
And all that you do!
And all that you are!
Our country needs You!
To end this war___
(repeat)

Aspiring Health Care reform
I think it’s quite dandy
For a guy like me
It’d have come in quite handy

But with all the problems
On the Korean peninsula
And there incessant threat,
of a nuclear missile
Wont make any of this
In anyway easier
But you’re the right man for the job
You're a natural born Leader!!

<>


And can you please find a way
To make our energy clean
I know you know how much
The environment means!

Domestic Innovation
For energy independence
No oil money for terrorists
and their JIHAD MOVEMENT!!!

You know we owe this
To our Rivers and Streams
And to Mother Nature!
She looks the best in Green.
This beautiful place
Of mountain’s and Valleys
My love for our country
I'm transcribing Verbally

In my ode to you and all that you do…

<>
We Believe in You!
And all that you do!
And all that you are!
Our country needs You!
To end this war___
(repeat)


Now this last year's really been
A turbulent Term
But historic nonetheless
Kids will someday learn
And the history books
Will someday read
“The First Black President elected –
AMERICA SPEAKS!!!”

<>

No comments:

Post a Comment