Friday, July 10, 2009

My Perfect Girl

Here's a little song I wrote the other day. As always it's a work in progress and subject to change. Let me know what you think, or if there's something that you dont get. The chorus is the name of the strings.



She’s a gorgeous lil Gal
Nice slender fret board
Bold Beautiful body
Her Skirt a pick-guard

She don’t know her weight
But she dances on the scale
Moving through Octaves
Like finger tips on Braille

Jumping her Frets
Like a runner over hurdles
Plucking her wires
Screaming, "Sing for me Girl!"

And oh when she sings
It’s a magnificent sound
Belting out her number
With a strap for a Gown

Just Six Strings and Me
Out on a date
Singing and Dancing
Acoustic Music our fate

Out by the fire
Swaying and Singing
Holding her tight
Harmonizing the evening


I call her:
Evelyn
Anna
Dianna
Guenovere
(two count pause)
Beverly
extraordinaire
-repeat

I don’t have to buy her presents
Dinner or Gifts
She never makes demands
Or “Honey-Do” lists

She never complains
Bickers or moans
Defines the term Sexy
Cuz she never wears clothes

I think I might be in love
She’s my favorite girl
Intimately mine
But known all over the world

She can sing country
Or Belt out the Blues
Rock-out with the Best
She’s Melodically infused

(chorus)

I tickle her neck
While strumming her strings
And she jumps with excitement
And lets out a scream

She speaks all dialects
Knows every lexicon
Sings in every accent
When she’s playing her song

Rockin’ Chords tough
Or picked soft with grace
Like stunning cheek bones
Inlays on her face

Yeah I'm Pretty sure I could
Spend the rest of my days
With just her and me
My Guitar my Soul Mate

(chorus)

(Out for) a Double Date
With her Friend Violin
And my buddy Cello,
We sound Amazin'

Carrying a tune
Courting these ladies
More instruments joining in
This Date’s getting crazy

It’s a full blown party
Everyone’s dancing
The drums and The Bass
Have a Jazz beat bouncin’

In walks Sax
With his whole Brass Crew
Horns start blaring
And the piano too

The percussion gang
has been setting the beat
Doing it right,
Moving people’s feet

Cymbals chime in
and Bells start ringing
I hear Clarinet hittin' notes
and Harmonica Singing

Our band’s infinitely pieced
And man we sound great
This is why I love it
when we go on group dates

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment