Friday, July 10, 2009

To Meg D on her Graduation Day

I started writing this on the drive down to Corvallis for Megs' Graduation. I finished it during the ceremony. Love you Meg!



A Proast to the alumnus
Diploma now in hand
Off to study abroad
Her ambitions so Grand

I can’t find all the words
To express my delight
You can stare down any problem
Triumph in any strife

Never cower
Never Waiver
And try not to fret
Your journey's now begun
Your life a treasure chest
And you the crown jewel
Outshining the sun
Like a priceless Ruby
Your parts exceed your sum

A good-time Gal
The life of any occasion
Collectively transcendent
Always the liaison

I love you Meg
I can’t express that enough
You can call on me for anything
At worst I'll wish you luck
In any of your endeavors
Adventures or passions
You can light up any moment
Like a magician performing Magic

Cap tossed
Gown worn
A chapter closed
Another open

Be Bold
But Stay Humble
And always keep your mind open

College over
For now
But always stay a student
Studying life's lessons
Be patient and prudent

I can’t wait to see
Your immaculate smirk
And congratulate you
On all your hard work

No longer my little sister
But a gorgeous grown woman
At the doorstep of your life
And your own personal movement

I’ve come with no gifts
No grandiose presents
Just my humble notes
That I hope capture the essence
Of my current admiration
For my favorite little sister
Please raise your glass in celebration
And give Megan your best wishes

Please accept these words
In lieu of monetary possessions
And know I’ll never hesitate to say
“I love you Megan!”

No comments:

Post a Comment