Sunday, July 12, 2009

Off on an aeroplane

This song might be the hardest to convey with just the written word. I hear it in my head with lots of instruments, back ground singers and a funky blues-type beat. I sing this song to myself all the time, it's one of my favorites. Brian and I have recorded this song a few times, I might add an audio link to an acoustic version of the song later, so you can get the feel when you're reading it. Also, I think this song has tons of potential but I need to refine it. I probably wont post all that I've written for this song since the latter material is too rough.


(Intro - Spoken)

I really need to get outta here and I intend to make that very clear....

(Music!! Lots of glorious Music!)

(chorus)

Off on an aeorplane
Never comin' home again
I'm taking off this weekend
Gonna miss my friends
(repeat)

No Plans of trying to settle down
My home'll have the name of many towns
I intend to stay on the move
It's my hearts desire and I wont make a truce...
I'll be all over the place
Everywhere but outter space...

(Chorus once)

My first Stops in India...
Where I'll be studying Yoga...
Then it's south to Australia
after a stop in Malaysia
Like I said, I'm gonna miss ya...
But I'll be so busy
So many places I need to see..
On my wayfaring journey
no need for an itinerary
Traveling answer my hearts query..

(chorus twice)

Then it's off to Egypt
So I can see a pharoahs crypt
And all the pyramids
It's gonna be fantastic
Cant wait for this trip
From there I plan to visit
Every country in Europe
I'm gonna have a good time
In France, drinking fine wine
Ya Know me, gettin' outta line
Dont worry - I'll be just fine
Just think of me when you see road signs
Cuz on the road is where I wrote this rhyme
See, I've already left now...
Cant stop me-i'ts too late..
Bought my ticket-passed through the gate...
It's behind me now
The road's my fate

(Chorus)

Boarding a night train
New Destination I cant complain
I know I might be crazay
But I've set out to live all my days.
In as many ways
as I can do possiblay

Drinking in the Czech Republic
And boy I've had the best luck
You see I met some ladies
Who are pretty fond of me
And I make no apology
Since I'm after all I see.
Oh man what a wild
All over shooting from the hip
I think I've been here too long
I'm taking off to HOng Kong
From the jet writing my song...

Okay. That's all for now. The main reason I'm posting this unfinished version is so I'll finish it. It's been in notebook for a while and I realized today that I could easily lose or damage that notebook. So yeah, I'm in Montana and I'm going back out to play.

Check back soon!

Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment